New Lounger
    Thanks

Word not opening (Word 2000 SP3)

I am running Word 2000 under XP Home and recently patched to SP3. Whenever I try to open Word, both from the Start Menu and by opening a document I get an error massage saying Word must close.

The information that come up to be sent to Microsoft says APP name winword.exe; AppVer 9.0.0.6926; MODName vBE6.DLL; offset 000ebeb3.

This information is then sent to Microsoft, acknowledged and Word closes.

Excel open normally and shows Excel 2000 version 9.0.6926 SP3.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this gratefully received. My only thought is to remove and re-instal Office.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word not opening (Word 2000 SP3)

Before you decide to re-install, try Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (Word 97/2000),197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (Word 97/2000)<!/post>.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word not opening (Word 2000 SP3)

Many thanks, Using the Systematic approach I found that the problem was caused by a WinFaxPro 10.0.2 template WFWORD2K.DOT. Now I have removed it Word Opens so now all I have to do is to find out why it happened and how it affects my faxing capability.

I will keep the Systematic Approach on my system for future. The only sad thing is that I cannot blame the SP3 so this time MS escape.

Regards

Ian