3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Certain sites close Internet browser (IE 5.5)

I have a user who, when he hits certain sites, has IE close on him. Two sites in particular...www.zanesadventure.com and www.disney.com (click on Playhouse Disney, then go to Stanley (the little bald guy on the bottom), then click Activities. When he attempts to access either of these, IE closes with no errors or anything. I am able to get to these fine. The only thing "special" that I can see about the first site is its use of frames. The disney site has flash on it. Can anyone think of a possible reason this is happening? Thanks!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Certain sites close Internet browser (IE 5.5)

I am recently experiencing the same sort of problem with IE 6.0 SP1. For example at http://victorian.fortunecity.com/verona/514/5c.html when I click on the links around This Page Friends of Iwo Jima, I momentarily get taken to that page, then IE abruptly closes. Is this a problem with my software, or is it a problem with the web site? I have never had this problem before and wonder if it has something to do with Norton Internet Security that I recently installed. I have reinstalled IE and still have the same issue. Any help will be appreciated.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Turn OFF the "Norton Internet Security " and find out.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Turned off Norton Internet Security and disabled Norton AntiVirus and there is no change in the behavior of IE. It still closes when I click on the page. Any other ideas? Any thing to do with Java, ActiveX, etc.?

Thanks

Both pages load Flash. Maybe an update to the Flash player would help? Flash Player 6 Download Page

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I get this message when I go to Disney. "You're seeing this message because Disney Online uses Flash technology on many of our pages. If your browser security setting is on "High," it won't allow you to view pages using Flash. If you would like to view this page, please open the "Tools" menu of your browser and click on "Internet Options." Then change your security setting from "High" to "Medium.""