New Lounger
    Thanks

Envelopes on a Merge (Word 2000)

I frequently do a Word merge with say 15 letters, then need to print envelopes. When I used Word97, I just had to be anywhere on the top of the page and when I clicked my envelope icon, it would go into Envelopes and Merges, highlight the whole delivery address and print it. Then I would use my icon for "BrowseNext" to get to the next page, print the next envelope, etc.

Now, in Word 2000, on everything except the first page, unless the have the cursor EXACTLY on the first letter AND ONLY THE FIRST LETTER, the delivery address doesn't appear. Is there a quirk to getting this version to work the same as Word97? For a small batch of windows, this was so much easier than running a separate envelope merge and checking through all the addresses to make sure they were OK. Any suggestions?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Envelopes on a Merge (Word 2000)

Hi Ann:
    Does either this article or this one help?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Envelopes on a Merge (Word 2000)

Phil, thanks for responding - think the second article will help. I didn't find either when I searched. For some reason I didn't see an e-mail notification and just decided to live with the problem. I realized it's not only with a merge; sometimes I just take a one-page letter, copy it, then change the address. It works fine on the first page, but not on the 2nd. I will turn on my codes tomorrow and double-check, but as far as I know, I have hard returns after each line. There are sometimes five lines of merge fields, but most often only three or four lines of info is actually used. Thanks for getting back to me!