Lounger
    Thanks

Filter problem (2000)

I'm messing around with filters and would like to be able to have all the data for each person on one line. My example shows what desserts each person can prepare. For each entry a new line is needed. I want there to be 1 line for each person, with all the desserts listed in that row. However, the filter still needs to be able to sort through it all like it does now. So, for this example there would be 4 lines of data that the filter will go through. Anyone have any ideas on how to do this?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Re: Filter problem (2000)

If you put all the names singularly, with many desserts

You can use filter with custom, and contains cake (for example) to get the people who have cake listed.

is this what you are after?
    Steve

Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, that is what I'm looking for, thx.

The only problem I have with it is that it doing a custom search everytime is kinda a pain. Is there a way to do this that will there will still be a way to just select "cake" from the filter drop down menu?

Thanks

Not directly. Cake will NOT show up (unless someone has just cake), but that will only display the people with JUST cake.

You would have to do some kind of coding or formulas. How complicated will depend on what you want to do with it and how much the list will change.

In a simple case you could create a pulldown with the list of items and when the item was selected, a macro would do the custom filter.

There are also ways (without macros) but with intermediate columns, to take the list, find matches and then display it.

If the list of desserts can grow, it can complicate, since you will need to add the new items to the list somehow (manually or automatically based on new entries in the list of people/desserts).

Steve