New Lounger
    Thanks

DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE

Hi,

I'm using Outlook Express 5.5 and have now twice gotten a message in my inbox that has "DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE -- FOLDER INTERNAL DATA" shown as the subject. The message shows "Mail System Internal Data MAILER-DAEMON@mail" as the origination. The text of the message says "This text is part of the internal format of your mail folder, and is not a real message. It is created automatically by the mail system software. If deleted, important folder data will be lost, and it will be re-created with the data reset to initial values."

Anyone have any idea about what this is? I can't find any reference to it using the MS Knowledge Base.

Thanks,

Mike

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE

it's created by your mail server software, not outlook express.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I assume when you say "mail server software" you are referring to the mail server(s) at my ISP? I did just change ISPs so maybe that is why I have never seen this message before? Where can I research this message further?

Thanks,

Mike

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

yes, the isp. try their FAQ pages or send an email to their tech support and ask. My isp does the same thing, the message refers to IMAP folders. I use only pop with the accounts and outlook deleted it.