Lounger
    Thanks

SBS 4.5 Exchange 5.5

I have created an account for generic use with our wewbsite. Email would be sent to calendar@ourdomain.org. I have logged on to the account and can bring up the mailbox with Outlook (2000 & 2002) with no problems. I have delegated, and setup 5 other users (including myself-admin) as able to process mail (send on behalf of). When I logon as me, and click on the mail box, it is "Unable to open o display folders". I have tried several "remedies" all to no avail. What am I missing? Calendar is a Domain User and User. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: SBS 4.5 Exchange 5.5

Is the 'calendar' recipient visible or hidden? Seems like I had a problem accessing a hidden recipient's folders.

Joe
    Joe

Lounger
    Thanks

Joe, I have no idea. I sets it up like I do all the other users. Made it a Domain User and User. I belong to everything, so I thought I should at least be able to see the mail box. Exchange 5.5/Win NT 4 SP6a. Where would I see if it was a hidden or 'regular' user?

Administrator
    Thanks

No, you can make mailboxes hidden regardless of the user's NT privileges. You have to use Exchange Administrator. Click on the + sign next to the server name. Then click on recipients. Is the 'calendar' recipient visible in the right frame? If not, click on the View menu option and select 'Hidden Recipients'. That should make the recipient visible.

Joe
    Joe

Lounger
    Thanks

Nope, 'calendar' is visible when I show Recipients in right frame, along with all the other recipients. If it is visible, and I have delegated the users to monitor it, shouldn't they be able to open the mailbox? (Just like a secretary opening her boss's).

Administrator
    Thanks

Rich,
    After looking at the Exchange help a little I don't think that'll do it. Check out the permissions tab for the 'calendar' recipient.

Joe
    Joe

Lounger
    Thanks

Joe,
    It was a 'user'. I added 'Domain User ' and the lights came on. (I can see!). Thanks for your help.

How hard is it to restore a users inbox? That's my next 'opportunity'. A user deleted his whole inbox, emptied the trash, and then decided 'opps'.

I'm just starting that 'research'.

Thanks again for your enlightenment.

Administrator
    Thanks

Rich,
    You're welcome. Glad to help. This must have been a personal folder, right? Which version of Outlook? Outlook 2002 lets a user backup a .pst file. Did you get lucky?

Joe
    Joe