New Lounger
    Thanks

Unrecognized Database Format (Access 2000)

Hi,

I've codes from VB6 that is accessing the Access 97 database (linked tables from SQL Server). I tried to link the same tables with Access 2000 and my codes prompted the following error message... "Error 3343... Unrecognized Database Format (not Microsoft Jet Database)". How should I make it a Jet database? Thanks...

Regards,

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Unrecognized Database Format (Access 2000)

This sounds like to tried to open an Access 2000 database in Access 97 - but if you are trying to manipulate SQL Server tables from VB6 via an ODBC linked table, that's likely to cause problems anyhow. You would be better off using VBA at that point.
    Wendell

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Is this related to the thread you started here in VB/VBA? Instead of asking bits and pieces of questions, explain what you're trying to do in enough detail so someone can give you a useful answer. Over there you got VBScript code to link to SQL Server. That isn't what you're trying to use, is it? And are you doing this in Access or VB6? Your message is not clear on that point.
    Charlotte

Thanks

I believe that the Jet Driver/Provider changed versions from 3.5 to 4.0 between Access 97 and 2000, so that could be the problem if you are trying to use the identical code to open both. What is your code?