New Lounger
    Thanks

Office11 Beta 2 not installing (Beta2)

I have been trying to install Office11 Beta2 this afternoon but I keep getting stuck on this error message right towards the end of the install: "Error 1309. Error reading from file: C:PDOffice_2003_b24920.07a.o11_PRO_ENGCF490600.CAB . Verify that the file exists and that you can access it."

When I go to that directory, that file exists, I open it up with winzip, and then open the Mnature.acs file that's in there. (That file isn't associated to anything so it tries to open in notepad but it locks up notepad while trying to open)

I've tried upgrading XP, I've tried uninstalling XP and then doing a fresh install of O11. I think this file relates to "clippy", so I tried reinstalling it again doing a custom install and deselecting the Office Assistants under Shared Office tools, but still the same error message over and over.

I'm on Win2K SP3 w/ all the latest and greatest HF's. Any help for a weary soul?? thx in advance!! [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office11 Beta 2 not installing (Beta2)

Try doing a clean install by uninstalling Office on your machine first. To completely uninstall office, run offcln.exe. Do a search on your machine to find the location of this file. After running it, try the installation again. It should take out any reference for any file or registry entry that is associated to the previous installation of Office. I'd be curious to know if this works.