Lounger
    Thanks

Word as editor issue (Outlook 2000 SR3)

Hello-
    I have a problem with a user who wants to use word as their email editor. I can set it as the default mail editor just fine, but every time that he shuts off his computer he loses whatever signature he sets up in word. Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening?
    Thanks,
    Don

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word as editor issue (Outlook 2000 SR3)

There is actually a Knowledge Base article on this. The article number is 206751 You can click on the article number to go to the web site. However here's the resolution Microsoft gives. For more details on how to do these steps, see the article on the Microsoft web site.
    There are two method to resolve this issue:
    Method 1
    In Word, remove the Word AutoText entry created when you configured your AutoSignature.
    Method 2
    Rebuild the Word Template.
    NOTE:Removing the AutoSignature AutoText entry is the preferred solution. However, if this procedure does not solve the problem it will be necessary to rebuild the template and then recreate the AutoSignature. Since Word stores many other special attributes and functions such as styles, macros, toolbars, and AutoText entries in this template, rebuilding it may require recreating these items.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word as editor issue (Outlook 2000 SR3)

Thank you GirlFriday. I must have searched under every other possible combination, and never typed in wordmail. Thanks for the help.
    -Don