3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Higher resolution PDF file has lower size

Maybe this is not a Word problem, but since I encountered it while I created a PDF from Word, I am mentioning it here.

I recently created a PDF of an article using resolution of 2400 dpi Press Optimised, and with the setting, "If Embedding Fails, Cancel Job". The size was 92KB.

Thereafter, I left all settings intact, except that I changed the resolution to 600 dpi. The result was a file of size 136 KB. How could that happen? The article was plain text, no figures or tables, only one section.

Putzger

Re: Higher resolution PDF file has lower size

Have to start somewhere, so I'll assume you have Acrobat 4.05 and then ask "did you print to Distiller or PDF Writer (wronger?)" -- it's been my long time experience that Distiller is the way to go whenever possible.

--Steve

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I too use Distiller and eschew PDF Writer.

My version is Acrobat 4.0 0318 16:59 (that is what appears in the splash screen).

Thanks

Paper size?
    We pdf-print certain drawings to A3 to preserve as much detail as possible but you wouldn't necessarily know it as Acrobat can scale to fit window/printer paper size automatically.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The Paper size in both, Acrobat Distiller-Properties button in the Print Dialog Box, as well as the current Distiller Settings (Press Optimised), the PDF size is taken at a custom size of 156 mm x 234 mm and this is not changed when the resolution changes.