Star Lounger
    Thanks

Microsoft Date Time Picker (Access 2000)

Hi, When I place the MS DateTimePicker Active X control on a form it can not be seen by the criteria section on a query. Does anyone know why? When I go into the criteria section of the query and use the build wizard to locate the form and then the aforementioned control it isn't listed!!! Every other control is but this one doesn't appear. Any ideas? Example is below. THANKS IN ADVANCE
    TEXT I PLACE IN THE CRITERIA OF A QUERY BUT HAS TO BE DONE MANUALLY...CAN'T USE THE BUILD WIZARD!!
    >=[Forms]![Switchboard]![AXswitchboardDateFrom] And <=[Forms]![Switchboard]![AXswitchboardDateto]

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Microsoft Date Time Picker (Access 2000)

Apparently, the Expression Builder lists only native Access controls. Probably, the programmers that designed the Builder found it too difficult too check which properties are valid for non-native controls (ActiveX controls are "foreign" to Access), so they decided not to list them at all. This is pure guesswork, though.

As you have found, you can still enter criteria referring to ActiveX controls manually, and they will work correctly when you run the query - provided that you made no mistakes.

Unfortunately, it is still the same in Access 2002 (XP).

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Microsoft Date Time Picker (Access 2000)

You can't do it that way. If you want to reference a form control, you'll have to add an unbound control to hold the value from the DateTime Picker and reference that.
    Charlotte