New Lounger
    Thanks

Strange happenings with Normal.dot template (Office XP 2002)

I use Office XP 2002 in WINXP. Recently, I created a Word document - a page of evenly spaced lines - for use in recording data. After printing several copies of the new form, I deleted it. Since then, every time I open a new Word document, it appears with those evenly spaced lines. Even stranger, every Word document I created and saved in the past now has those lines superinposed on the document's text. I tracked down the template (a folder called Normal.dot) and that too has the lines. Can anyone tell me what's going on and how to correct it? Any help appreciated!!

Gene Sears

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Strange happenings with Normal.dot template (Office XP 2002)

Hi Gene:
    I'm not sure what you did to create "evenly spaced lines". If you changed the normal style to include those lines & made it the default, then all new documents would have this. If you also had Tools/Templates & add-ins/Automatically update document styles, then this could account for the old documents changing.

If you haven't made any customizations to normal.dot, you can just rename it to normal.old (with Word closed) & let Word rebuild it. If it's a new "feature" in Word 2002, then I can't help, as I haven't used it.
    Cheers,