Lounger
    Thanks

Calendar - populate with records (Access 2000)

I am currently brain-dead on this issue and I need some help. I have a Calendar Control (Active X) on a form - both unbound that is used to show employees absences. What I need help is populating the Calendar Control with only the records pertaining to the current employee selected through a combo box. The table that holds the information is Absences, with fields ID, Employee, Date, Details, and Image. Everything is saved correctly according to the employee selected, but I need the calendar to show all information only for the selected employee based on the Employee which is a text field.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Calendar - populate with records (Access 2000)

I don't know whether the Calendar ActiveX control is what you need. It is mainly meant to give the user a user-friendly way of entering a date. Only one day is selected/highlighted at a time; this is the Value of the control. From "populating the Calendar Control with only the records pertaining to the current employee", I get the impression that you want to hightlight multiple dates.

If you do a search for "scheduler" or "planner" in this forum, you will find alternatives, but don't get your hopes up high.

Lounger
    Thanks

This calendar control allows for image icons and text for dates which are then added back to my table Absences. When I open the form with the calendar, the user selects an employee from a drop-down combo box, clicks on a date and then selects an icon image which is then inserted. Each icon image reflects a absence, such as holiday, LOA, Late, Brievement, etc. Double clicking the date will allow for text within the same date. This is then added back to the tables. Now what I need is a way for the user to select an employee and have the calendar populate the information contained within the table, using the Employee as the criteria. Working around the code, but errors crop up.
    Thanks for any help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

What brand of calendar control is it? It doesn't sound like the ones that come with Access, the vanilla Windows Calendar control. Custom controls all behave differently, so unless you tell us what flavor of calendar control you're using, it will be hard for anyone to give you any useful advice.
    Charlotte