Thread: Screen Refresh

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Screen Refresh

I am running Win98SE and Office 2000. If I have a document open in Word 2000 and the monitor turns off because of my screen settings after a time of inactivity, when I reactivate the monitor by moving the mouse a 7 appears where my cursor last was.
    This also happens if I have a document in Notepad open. If I have an Excel spreadsheet open and my monitor turns off, when it is reactivated by moving the mouse the entire contents of the active cell are replaced with a 7. These rogue sevens also print out.
    Why is this and what can be done to stop it?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Screen Refresh

Could you tell us a little more, please? What is your system - laptop, desktop, etc. and what kind of mouse are you using? I've used Win98SE for a long time and not seen that one before. Are you describing the standard screensaver or hibernate or what? Just to give you an example, my Win98SE machine is connected to an older KVM and I occasionally get some weird behaviour that will be corrected if I "reset" or power-off the KVM and reboot the two machines, one at a time. Come on back, OK?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Screen Refresh

I have a desktop PC and use a standard Microsoft wheel mouse. The screen off feature is enabled from the standard DisplayProperties/Screen Saver/Power Management Properties window, choosing a time from the Turn off monitor drop down list.