New Lounger
    Thanks

Combo box in Acceess (re-visited) (2002)

Hi all,
    I posted this before.
    I have an application in Access 2002 with a database in 2000 format. Windows XP home. Application works fine in my computer. I take it to another computer with Windows XP and Office XP. Without changing anything I run it in this other computer and get this code error in the "AddItem" method of a combo box which says "the control doesn't support this method". Look in th object browser and the method is nowhere to be found. Any ideas? I will appreciate your help.
    Thanks in advance

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Combo box in Acceess (re-visited) (2002)

Are you absolutely positive you have Office XP and Access2002 on the other computer? The AddItem method was added in Access 2002, so I would expect that kind of behavior. If you do have 2002, then you may have a corrupt installation, or a missing library database.
    Wendell

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

When you say a database in Access 2000 format, you aren't using the Convert Database utility to get it in 2000 format are you? I assume what you're talking about is the file format, which defaults to 2000 in AXP. The reason I ask is because converting it to a 2000 database (rather than file format) will immediately break and methods new to 2002.
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

Charlotte,
    it is the default file format I'm talking about. Anyway, I bound the combobox to a new little table I created with the necessary values for the box and that is how I populate it now. So, it seems to be working.

Thanks
    Luis