Star Lounger
    Southern Highlands, New South Wales, Australia
    Thanks

Unmoveable objects! (Word2000/WIN98SE)

Hi Woodies, I would like to set up a document template for my fellow workmates to use that contains one image that they will insert and some lines of text that they will also enter. The image and the text will vary each time. The finished product is to be printed on pre-printed stationery so the image and the text must sit in exactly the same place each time. Is there a way that I can set up this template that locks the position of the image and the text so that they WILL NOT CHANGE IN SIZE OR POSITION within the document. For example, I would like them to be able to call up this template and, say, provide them with two "boxes", one to put the image in and one to put the text in. But I dont want the size and position of the boxes to change AT ALL. (Because then their document may not print corrrectly on the pre-printed stationery.) So, when they insert the image it will not expand the size of the box I provide for it to be inserted into. Likewise, if they try to enter lots of text it will stop when the box provided is full. Any clues? Cheers John

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Unmoveable objects! (Word2000/WIN98SE)

Hi John:
    Why don't you put a 1 row, 2 column table (assuming the text will be next to the graphic) in your template. Go to Table/Properties & make sure that "automatically resize to fit contents" is UNchecked & that you give the table cells an exact size. However, you must make sure that the picture that is inserted is the correct size to begin with, as these options will not allow the table cell to resize. You might, of course, decide that you want a 2 row, 1 column table or a 2 column, 2 row table. You could put a macrobutton field in each cell that told users to "put graphic here" & "insert letterhead text here" or some such message.
    Cheers,

Star Lounger
    Southern Highlands, New South Wales, Australia
    Thanks

Re: Unmoveable objects! (Word2000/WIN98SE)

Gidday Phil, really like your idea. Will give it a go. Thanks for your help. John