Star Lounger
    Thanks

public folder switch crashes OL (OL2000 SR1 & Exch 2000)

I have built two public folders which are more or less identical: one is for live items and the other is an archive. There is a custom form associated with the folders which also has some custom fields in it. There are also custom views for each folder. For most of the time everything works fines but on occassion when I open the "live" folder Outlook crashes with the message "OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module OUTLLIB.DLL" and then a memory address. I can see no rhyme nor reason about when it happens but it does seem to be when I enter the "live items" folder. Once it has happened it occurs more frequently. This is seen on both Win 95 and Win 2000 PCs.
    Can anyone help ?
    PaulJ

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: public folder switch crashes OL (OL2000 SR1 & Exch 2000)

If this only happens on one PC I think the easiest thing is to rename outllib.dll then run detect and repair. If I recall you have to start outlook from Start | Programs for this to work with core files. If D&R doesn't kick off, start it manually. All other possibilities are much tougher to pin down.

If it happens on multiple PCs I'd suspect corruption in an item, the form or the folder.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: public folder switch crashes OL (OL2000 SR1 & Exch 2000)

It occurs on any PC trying to access the folder so I think it is a case of starting over again and rebuilding the folder. Many thanks for your help - especially as I have to give a live demonstration to the Vice Chancellor next week !!
    Paul