Thread: XP VBA

Star Lounger
    Thanks

XP VBA

Folks,

What should one expect from Office XP when it come to VBA ? Any significant changes (in particular in the .NET version of VBA part of this release ?)

Regards

--alex

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: XP VBA

a few new things, seems everything old still works. most of the new word changes seem to apply to wordmail, smart tags and the new pane feature. the outlook object model exposes more things. not sure on excel or acess. all the apps now have pretty good vba support.

vba.net is not ready yet, i'm not sure i understand that part of the question.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

<hr>vba.net is not ready yet, i'm not sure i understand that part of the question<hr>

Well, I have read in some MS press release that they were to offer a DOTNET aware version of VBA. Obviously not a part of Office XP, as DOTNET itself so not quite ready yet.

Thanks for you feedback

--alex

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

they will, but it's a ways off. I don't believe it's even in beta yet and I don't expect it before the next version (after XP) or until after VisualStudio.net is released. VS.net is seeing changes from what i hear, they recently dropped foxpro from the suite over net issues.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I think I read that the next version of Office after Office XP will be Office.Net which will have the .net language changes.

Mike