New Lounger
    Thanks

Setting Printing Preferences for a shared printer

I have run into a problem that when I set the printing preferences of a shared printer on the network the apply button is not hightlighted. Also the setting only stay until I restart the computer. I am trying to print to a B-size printer (11x17) it wants to default back to 8.5x11. The printer is set up correctly on the host machine and works fine. Just accessing it over the network means that you have to change the paper size every time you want to print (if you have restarted the machine). Any suggestions on why this would be happening. It was working correctly before when it was connected to a win 98 machine now it is on a 2000 machine. Not critical but annoying when I send a print and it is the wrong size.

Thanks Todd

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Setting Printing Preferences for a shared printer

It looks like you do NOT have the correct drivers on the local machine. The one on the print server may be correct, but you MUST use the correct one on EACH machine.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Setting Printing Preferences for a shared prin

Domain or workgroup? I wonder if the answer to Dave's point, if it's a domain, is to install the printer on the using machine using the drivers on the domain, wherever they are.....