5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hawkex Crashes Outlook (Outlook 2000)

Mcafee anti-virus does have a dll by that name. If you put your mouse over the system tray and let it hover over the various icons there you should get a pop up, and one should somehow indicate a Mcafee product. Usually a right click on these icons will bring up a menu that allows you to close the application. You might try that and see if the error goes away.

If you want to run for a while without Mcafee, w/o uninstalling it Go to start | run, and type MSConfig. It may be listed in the StartUp tab. If so, uncheck that entry, save and reboot.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hawkex Crashes Outlook (Outlook 2000)

Outlook crashed and I traced it to Microsoft KB Article 313967
    SYMPTOMS
    When you start Microsoft Outlook programs listed at the beginning of this article or open a message in Microsoft Outlook, receive the following error message:

"Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
    To see what data this error report contains, click here."
    When you view the data in the error report, the report contains an error signature similar to the error listed at the beginning of this article.

CAUSE
    This problem can occur if the McAfee Hawkex add-in is installed on your computer.

The McAfee Hawkex add-in is made by Network Associates, Inc.
    RESOLUTION
    To try and resolve this problem, contact Network Associates, Inc. to see if updates exist for your McAfee Hawkex add-in software.

I have no ideas what Hawkex is and have been unable to get or find anything from McAfee.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hawkex Crashes Outlook (Outlook 2000)

Outlook closed and I restarted it OK. This has only happened once, so maybe it was a fluke. I started VirusScan 6.0 and found in Help About the hawkex.dll listed. If this is a McAfee problem I would like to find a fix or update so this does not happen again.