New Lounger
    Thanks

Extra window in OE6 (OE6)

Trying to help my dad who is running WinME and OE6. Note header says "Outlook Express 6 by MSN" !!! (Mine doesn't). The confusion is an extra third window below the preview pane. The top of it can be dragged up reducing the preview pane but it can't be fully closed down. In the pane is an MSN Error message 404 about not being able to find something - probably an internet address - but no way to do anything. I would like to get rid of this or at least make it work but I don't even have any idea what to call it for an index search - can't even figure out what it can't find. Other than missing a bunch of the preview pane it appears to work fine but I need all the space possible for increased text size for dad's poor vision.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Extra window in OE6 (OE6)

"Mine doesn't" what are the two of you using as your internet access provider?

Is your Dad using MSN Explorer (butterfly) and you Internet exlporer [big blue E)?

Can you attach a screen shot?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Extra window in OE6 (OE6)

I got a screen print from my dad and will momentarily attach it to this per your request. The butterfly thing in the bottom window is an ERROR 404 that it can't find something - who knows what, where, or how. My preference is to get rid of it but might settle for fixing it. My best idea at the moment is to look up how to save everything and replace it but I'm not sure my dad has a better real and legal one. He bought the PC with win98 loaded but no disk and then bought some sort of WinME (MSN????) upgrade only disk. The two computers don't match in many ways - makes troubleshooting a pain.