Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Folder Views (Win XP)

Hi Guys...

Looking for a quick way to set a folder and ALL it's folders to the same view settings, specifically "Detail". The only option I can find for quickness is to set ALL folders on the computer to the same view. Don't wan't to do that....

Manually, this is going to take a while as the folder I'm working with has over 500 sub-folders (and this is the one where I want all set to Detail view. Any ideas? IS there a shortcut I'm missing?
    - Ricky

Banned Member
    Thanks

Re: Folder Views (Win XP)

I'm thinking what your tring to do can be done by opening Windows Explorer, Select TOOLS, Click FOLDER OPTIONS, in the middle of that window under Browse Folders, Check OPEN EACH FOLDER IN ITS OWN WINDOW. Try that and see if thats what you needed. I tried it and I clicked on my DOWNLOADED PROGRAMS and then chose VIEW and DETAILS and it changed the view of all the sub folders in that folder without changing the view anywhere else in Windows Explorer.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Folder Views (Win XP)

Thanks Cowboy for responding; but it didn't work out for me. Making a change in the (view of) parent folder had no effect on the sub-folders. I'll probably just change the view of ALL the folders on the computer and then independently change some back as I get to them... I'll give it another day or two to see if anything comes up.
    - Ricky