3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Loading own toolbar icons (Word 2000\SR1)

I have a custom toolbar and I wish to load my own icons instead of using the ones from Word. How do I do this via VBA code?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Loading own toolbar icons (Word 2000\SR1)

I hope you find a solution, I found this really difficult.

In the end I created hidden buttons on my toolbar and copied the icons from those. This works, but overwrites the users paste buffer. I suspect this must be a common problem because even Microsoft products like MapPoint seem to over write the paste buffer with their icons.

StuartR

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

It sounds like then you were able to create buttons with their own images and use those, how did you do that. Now I am speaking about a toolbar that is created in a word's doc template via code and not a COM Addin or such. I haven't seen in the VBA a way to create a toolbar via a toolbox like you can a dialog box.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I simply created a toolbar in my Template, using the standard user interface. This toolbar and its buttons have their .Visible and .Enabled properties set to false and are used to store button faces.

Unfortunately I no longer have the template and I can't remember the code that I used to copy these faces to the clipboard and then paste them to the newly creaetd CommandBar buttons, but I seem to remember that it was something fairly simple.

StuartR

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Jim:
    I can't help with the code, but I know there is an Excel template that gives the faceid numbers for every button. I also had, but haven't tried, a couple of web site addresses for utilities that simplified this. Perhaps this will help give you an idea how to simplify your task. The 2 utilities are found at:

http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip67.htm
    http://officerone.tripod.com/faceid/

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you do a Lounge-wide search for CommandBars.Add, you will find examples of creating a toolbar in code, for example in <post#=220198>post 220198</post#>. CommandBar controls have methods CopyFace and PasteFace that you can use to set their button face.