Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Strange Form Button Behavior? (a2k (9.0.3821) SR-1 Jet 4.0)

Strange Form Button Behavior?
    a2k (9.0.3821) SR-1 Jet 4.0

I have an unbound form (frmCriteria) I use for testing with several buttons on it that run queries when a button is clicked.

Each button has an MsgBox command that displays the frmCriteria unbound start and end dates (that drive the queries) and tells me what the query it is going to do, then asks for OK acknowledgement.

This frmCriteria works perfect when one user is logged into the fe linked to be database.

When a second user simply logs into the fe db container, then when the first user selects a button on frmCriteria, it pops up the MsgBox message for another button on frmCriteria that wasn

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Strange Form Button Behavior? (a2k (9.0.3821) SR-1 Jet 4.0)

Is it possible that you are changing something that Access sees as a design value on the form when you set the values for the query? That's the only thing I can think of that might cause this kind of behavior. BTW, we normally recommend that users run their own copy of a front-end rather than one on the server (whether they are running Citrix/Terminal Services or not) for a number of reasons, not the least of which has to do with deploying design changes. If you are interested in more of the details, see our Splitting Databases tutorial.
    Wendell

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Wendell

I usually split db as suggested.

What is best way to give each Citrix user their own frontend.mdb copy?

See recent post Access 2000 and Citrix Questions? (a2k (9.0.3821) SR-1 Jet 4.0 Citrix MeteFrame)

Thanks John

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I haven't worked with Citrix, only with Windows Terminal Services, but I understand they are similar in concept, with Citrix being a more sophisticated solution. Our solution with Terminal Services is to put a copy on the Terminal Server for each user, or alternatively to store them in some sort of user directory on a file server. The latter is less desirable because you are generating network traffic each time a user opens a form or report just to get the form/report design.
    Wendell