Star Lounger
    Thanks

subform within a subform within a subform (Access2000)

I have gone subform mad creating my latest database. I have a form that contains data from T_Demographics, and a subform that contains clinical information from T_Clinical and within that subform I have one for side effects which pulls from T_SideEffects. When I start to enter a new patient, the info from T_SideEffects is on my blank form. I have the ID# tied to all three forms and a 1 to many relationship. Is there something else I need to do?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: subform within a subform within a subform (Access2000)

If I understand correctly you have a nested subform for the side effects. In that case you need to use two fields as the link between the main and the subform on the subform control located on the Clinical subform. If I've misunderstood, please post back, but hopefully that will fix it.
    Wendell

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Could you expand more? I'm a real novice. I think I understand what you are saying but I don't have 2 fields to match. In T_SideEffects, I only have the fields RNA_ID and SideEffects. In T_Clinical, I have RNA_ID and about 12 other fields. Do I have to put a Side Effects field in T_Clinical?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It depends on how your data are related. Does a T_SideEffects record depend on the patient (RNA_ID) only? In that case, the subform for T_SideEffects should not be nested inside that for T_Clinical, but be side-by-side with it. But if a T_SideEffects record is specific for a certain record from T_Clinical, you should indeed have a field linking these tables, and use that in the master and child linking fields for the subform-within-a-subform.