New Lounger
    Thanks

Calling procedure in another template (XP)

Greetings

I never really had to use this before, so excuse me for asking a silly question. I have two global templates - and I need to execute a specific procedure in one template from the other template. The procedure name is "SetBakker" and it is located in the module "PrintHandling" in the global template "KAnormal.dot" - I have tried a few suggestions:

Application.Run MacroName:="SetBakker" (the code does not execute - when I step through the calling code it simply skips the statement - or so it seems)
    Call SetBakker (compile error: Sub or Function not defined)
    [KAnormal.dot].[PrintHandling].SetBakker (compile error: External name not defined)

Could anyone please enlighten me?

Thanks

Re: Calling procedure in another template (XP)

This is a common topic of discussion on the VB/VBA board, so I am cross-referencing posts over there. (E.g., see <!post=Post #182610,182610>Post #182610<!/post>, or this thread or this other one).

To address your specific questions, the online help for Word 2000 says:
    <hr>Application.Run MacroName

MacroName Required String. The name of the macro. Can be any combination of template, module, and macro name. For example, the following statements are all valid.

Application.Run "Normal.Module1.MAIN"
    Application.Run "MyProject.MyModule.MyProcedure"
    Application.Run "'My Document.doc'!ThisModule.ThisProcedure"<hr>
    In my experience with global templates, sometimes the dotted notation is necessary and sometimes it isn't. Perhaps it's the way that the procedure is declared (e.g., Sub vs. Public ?).

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Calling procedure in another template (XP)

Thanx Jscher

I tried the "fully qualified" syntax - and it didn't worf at first. It just skipped the line. But this was when the global template (that I tried to address) wasn't loaded as a global template, but loaded as a document (next to the template that tried to call a procedure in it. I tried to load the global template as in real life and the code executed without any problems - hmmmm - can't see why it didn't execute before, but as long as it works ....

Thanx again
    Jaspar