3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Error in EPIGUE9F.dll

I have Office 97 installed on a new hard drive. I can run every program except Word. When I boot up the program, I get the message "WinWord has caused an error in EPIGUE9F.dll Winword will now close". I got this error before I swapped out hard drives. I had the contents of the drive ghosted since I had just reformatted the old drive and had everything back the way I wanted it. I also had Word 2000 installed (on both old and new drives) and got the same message when I booted it. I guess that tells me the problem isn't Word but the dll file. My question is -- Is there any way to replace the dll file so I don't have to re-install ME? The dll file is in the WindowsSystem directory, so I know I can't just replace it with Windows open.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error in EPIGUE9F.dll

EPIGUE9F.dll is not part of my Word 2000 or Windows/ME. There may be a Word addin causing a conflict.
    Try launching Word from Start/Run and key in winword.exe /a
    If Word launches OK, look in the Word startup folder for any odd file. If any exist relocate them to a temporary folder and try a normal launch of Word. If all is ok, replace the files one-by-one, relaunching Word each time a component is put back into the startup folder. If Word fails, the last one replaced is the guilty party.
    (For Word 2000: C:WINDOWSApplication DataMicrosoftWordSTARTUP )

If the startup folder is emply & Word fails to launch, rename Normal.dot to Normal.old (C:WINDOWSApplication DataMicrosoftTemplatesNormal.dot) and relaunch Word again. If all is OK, something in the normal.dot is causing the problem.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error in EPIGUE9F.dll

Thanks for the input. I right-clicked on the dll file and found out it came from my Epson printer software. Apparently, somehow, Word "tapped" this file when launched. I uninstalled my printer software and Word launched properly without shutting down. I then reinstalled the printer software and haven't had a problem since. Thanks again -- I really appreciate all the help I get whenever I post a message with a problem I'm having. I'm sure I'll be back again some day!