Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Office DLL Missing (Small Office 2000 + Access 2002)

Recently I get an error message upon starting Access 2002 stating that it can't find Mso9.dll. However, that dll is located in the Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office folder. So I don't understand why it can't find it. I've removed and reinstalled Access, but the problem remains.

I originally installed Access 2002 (a stand-alone copy, not part of an Office Suite) while running W98. After upgrading to XP Home it still worked OK, but all of a sudden I'm getting this problem. Have I somehow obliterated a registry entry or something?

Any suggestions how to get Access to find this dll?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office DLL Missing (Small Office 2000 + Access 2002)

Hi Chuck,

There must be something screwed up with your installation, as suggested by Wendell in the thread starting at <post#=234856>post 234856</post#>. MSO9.DLL is not part of Office XP, it belongs to Office 2000. The corresponding file in Office XP is MSO.DLL in the C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedOffice10 folder. Apparently, some files for Office 2000 remained on your PC, and some registry entries for Office XP point to these files instead of to the XP files.

I don't know enough about (un)installing Office to advise you, apart from warning that trying to repair this kind of thing manually is very tricky, but hopefully others will be able to pick up from this.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

I think you're right. I'm running the Small Office 2000 Suite and I installed Access 2002 later on. I guess that upgrading to XP has messed up some registry pointer or whatever. Perhaps someone can recommend a fix.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

There is a parallel thread to this in the Access forum, so I'm going to lock this one and suggest any further responses be posted here.
    Charlotte