2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Multiple Version Backup/Restore

Before reformatting my hard drive and reinstalling everything anew, I backed up my OE v5.5 e-mail messages and address book. When I restored them, however, I found to my dismay that most of the messages and a good portion of the address book were missing. I now realize that I had e-mail on my system that was received/saved over the span of three different versions of Outlook Express -- v4.0, v5.0, and v5.5. In Microsoft's great wisdom, each version (I now know) saves its e-mail/address book files in different directories/folders, and I backed up only those associated with OE v5.5! Fortunately, I have a complete system backup that is a few months old. My question is: What specific files/folders do I need to restore from my system backup to recover all of my e-mail and address book data from all three versions of OE. What is the procedure? Thanks. Robert

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Multiple Version Backup/Restore

dbx and mbx files if you had that many versions. however, i'd got to <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tomsterdam.com>http://www.tomsterdam.com</A> and find the link to mbxtract and dbxtract. use them to break apart the mail and drop it into your current OE. that way, it'll all be in one set of files.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Multiple Version Backup/Restore

Thanks for the reply, MJ. However, it appears that part of your response was cut off -- it appears to start mid-sentence. Please re-post the missing part. Thanks. Robert