Thanks

Address Book Links (MSO 2000)

I have found a program -- Filofax Address Book -- that interfaces with Outlook/Outlook Express, and prints Filofax compatible forms and pages.

I just used a default install, and it read my Outlook addresses with no problem whatsoever. In working with this program though several questions about Outlook have come up:

If I have done my input directly into Outlook, it does not seem to have created a WAB file -- one exists, but it is empty. And yet, Outlook Express, Outlook, and Address Book (Accessories) all find all my conatcts.

I currently have Address Book set to share the data with Outlook, so it is (obstensibly) stored in the PST file(?), and if I set Address Book to NOT share, the file comes up empty on next load...

So how can I export/import my contacts between Address Book and Outlook? This would allow me to do maintenance through Address Book, which for me is faster than Outlook, access the addresses through Filofax for printing, and yet still have complete access to them in Outlook for appointments, email etc.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks

Re: Address Book Links (MSO 2000)

Can the FiloFax Address Book software edit your Outlook Contacts in real time? If so, that is better than importing and exporting, since the multiple conversions are bound to lose or duplicate data somewhere along the line.

Thanks

Re: Address Book Links (MSO 2000)

Jefferson:

As a matter of fact, yes, you can do direct editing, of a sort... you need to refresh the screen occasion, I guess to re-read. Not much of a bother, really. And it does make printing a great deal easier.

I guess now it's as much trying to understand the workings of Outlook/Address Book... they ARE separate, and yet they ARE the same... and I was trying to figure how, by turning the "share" function on&off, you could get the best of both worlds...

Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"