New Lounger
    Thanks

Colors in Track Changes (Word 2000)

One of the lawyers in our firm wants to revise a document over a period of days, where each day's changes appear in a different color, with revisions accumulating until the document is ready to finalize. (Can you say "control freak"? Oh yeah, baby....) For instance, Monday's revisions would appear in Red; Tuesday's in Blue, etc. (Obviously, we understand that by the end of the week, we'd have a real "rainbow" document.) We know that we can make the revisions using a different Author's Name (through Tools | Options | User Information) for each day, and that each author's revisions would appear in a different color. But is there any way to choose each author/day's color so that no matter what computer opens the document (even outside the firm), the person looking at the document will see the same color(s) as everyone else opening the document??

We rather think not but perhaps someone else out there has encountered the same problem before and found a remedy or written software for it, or something! I do appreciate the time you take to give the matter some thought and reply. Thanks muchly....
    Cyndie Browning
    GableGotwals
    Tulsa, OK

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Colors in Track Changes (Word 2000)

Hi Cyndie:
    I think you're solution of changing the username will work. If you change the username each day to Jones1, Jones2, etc. so that you get a different color each day, others will see the same colors when they open the document. Isn't that what you want?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Colors in Track Changes (Word 2000)

I agree, I also work for a law firm and have something similar come up before and changing the user name is the only work around that I have found.