Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Two-color Data Within a Memo Text Box (2000)

Me and one of my colleagues at work type data into a text box on a form whose control source is a memo-type field. The mdb file containing the form is located on a shared network drive so each of us accesses the file from one's own computer.
    I'd like the information typed in by my colleague to show differently from mine so is there any way to make Access input characters with two different colors dependent on who's typing it?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Two-color Data Within a Memo Text Box (2000)

Questions like this come up frequently. The answer is always the same: Access doesn't provide this capability. A text box has but a single format that is applied to *all* text.

The Microsoft Rich Text box control (an ActiveX control) can display formatted text, but since it is not a native Access control, you'll have to do all the work yourself in code. I don't think it's worth the hassle, but that's my personal opinion.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Is there any way that I can make the Microsoft Rich Text box control discern among data typed in using different pc's and so format it differently?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

As Hans said, you can't have different colors within a text control. Given your situation, perhaps a change in your database structure would be a better solution. Rather than typing into a single memo field, you should create another table that is on the "many" side of a one-to-many relationship with the table containing the text field. This new table would essentially be a Comments table. Each record would contain fields for EntryDate, WrittenBy, and the Comment itself.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.