2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

ie 5.5 not working (ie 5.5 on Win ME)

Please help... My son said he did a "disk cleanup" and now IE 5.5 won't take me to my ADSL start page. My service provider says IE must be corrupt, but how can I uninstall or reinstall or repair this?? I tried repairing thru control panel and I tried to install IE 5.0 from a CD but it says a newer version is present and can't be installed. Everyhting else is working ok. I'm typing this on an old computer networked thru my ADSL router to the computer that's not working.

Thanks

Re: ie 5.5 not working (ie 5.5 on Win ME)

Do you know if your computer can connect to your ISP at all? For example, if you check your mail using a mail client like Outlook or Outlook Express, can you send and receive mail?

If you can't check mail, try this: go to a command prompt (either the MS-DOS item on the Programs menu or Start>Run...>cmd), and try to ping a web site, does it respond? For example:

ping www.yahoo.com or
    ping 192.0.34.161

For future reference, what operating system (Windows version) runs on the computer with the problem?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

ok.. I can successfully ping Yahoo BUT when I launch Outlook Express I get " could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be loaded" ... Any more ideas,???? Thanks...

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

This Microsoft KB article refers to OE 5.0 in Win 98, but it might be worth a look: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;232480