Lounger
    Thanks

Query Duplicate (Access 2000)

Hi,

I have one table named------------------------------------------ "Time_Table"
    That table has two fields named -----------------"Dog_name"----and----"Dog_Time"

I have a query named-------------------------------------------"Dog_Name_Query"
    That query has two fields named---------------"Dog_Name1"----and----"Dog_Name2"

I have made a query named------------------------------------------"Query_1"
    It has two fields named-----------------------------"Dog_Name1"-----and----"Dog_Time"
    The "Time_Table" and "Dog-Name_Query" are joined by fields "Dog_Name" and "Dog_Name1"

"Query_1" works fine like listed above but when I try to put the fields in as follows it doesn't work.
    "Dog_Name1----"Dog_Time"---"Dog_Name2"-----"Dog_Time"

Can someone tell me how to get this to work, if it will work?

Thanks for all of your help.

Bill

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Query Duplicate (Access 2000)

Since your description gives no information about what these tables and queries are intended for, this is just a wild guess:

Open Query1 in design view.
    Remove the second Dog_Time column.
    Add the Time_Table table a second time, using the Show Table toolbar button or menu item in the Query menu.
    There should now be two copies of this table in the query, labeled Time_Table and Time_Table1.
    Join Time_Table1 to Dog_Name_Query on Dog_Name and Dog_Name2 (*not* on Dog_Name1.)
    Add the Dog_Time field from Time_Table1 to the query grid.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Query Duplicate (Access 2000)

Hi Hans,

Your wild guess was perfect.
    Thank you very much for all of your help over the past couple of days I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate it.
    I don't know enough to help others on this board (not yet at least) but if there is anything I could do to help just let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill