New Lounger
    Thanks

Easier Editing (Word 97)

If you are editing a word document and want to go though it and change certain words or add a comment and you want it to be bold or a different color or something that makes it stand out you have to select your changes at each location throughout the body. Isn't there some way that you can set a change and it be there throughout the editing? For example, lets say I want to add comments throughout the document and I want it to be red , bold and a higher font size. Can I make that determination one time and use it repeatedly? Right now I am making the choices at each and every comment. Thanks for any and all help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Easier Editing (Word 97)

You can find and replace formatting in a document - click More in the Find and Replace dialog, then click Formatting.

But Word has a far more powerful feature for setting and changing formatting consistently throughout a document - styles. You can apply a style to selected bits of text in a document. When you modify the style definition, the changes will be applied to all text with that style. See Understanding Styles for an overview of how styles work.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Easier Editing (Word 97)

Just to add a bit to Hans' excellent recommendation - you can find and modify the styles by going to Format/Style. The style you will need to modify will be the Comment Text style. Select it from the list of styles, then click Modify, then Format, then choose what you want to format (i.e., font, paragraph, etc.) from the popup list. These choices will open the appropriate dialog box and you can make the changes just as you would if you had just selected the text.

Lee Morgan