New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook98 - Internal Application Error (Office 97 (NT4))

I wonder if someone could please help me. This is the first time I have posted anything to Woody's Lounge so please bear with me. If I haven't given enough information or posted this on the wrong Forum, please let me know.

We are on NT4.0 with Word 97 SP2/Outlook 98/ Exchange 5.5. We are also using Word as our e-mail editor.

A number of our users are experiencing ever increasing problems sending e-mails with attachments. The User composes a message, attaches the document(s), but when they click on Send a dialog box appears saying "Unable to Send. Internal Application Error.". When they try to exit out of the message they are asked if they would like to save a copy in the drafts folder. They say yes, but "Internal Application Error" appears again. The work around we have for them is to copy all the text and attachments, open up a blank Word document and paste in the contents. The next step is to crash out of the e-mail and then create a fresh new message. Once they create the new mail message, copy the contents from the Word document into the new message, and click on "Send", the message goes. There are no dialog boxes open in Word.

As far as I am aware this problem did not occur until we started using Word as our e-mail editor. Unfortunately we can't switch the e-mail editor off because we require this for document registration.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Teresa.

Thanks

Re: Outlook98 - Internal Application Error (Office 97 (NT4))

It'll be bad if we strike out on the first post, won't it? Hmmm... MS really has never worked out all the bugs in WordMail, although I hear that Office XP was much improved. We never used Outlook 98, so I don't know if there is a real solution or workaround that might help. Saving Drafts often could help protect peoples' sanity to some extent.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook98 - Internal Application Error (Office 97 (NT4))

Thanks anyway for looking at this for me. Woody was kind of my last hope.

We plan to upgrade by the end of this year to Office XP and won't be using WordMail so hopefully this should at least resolve this problem!

Regards,
    Teresa.