New Lounger
    Thanks

Import email/address book to OE6 from Outlook 98 (OE6)

This seems fairly simple but I get an error message when doing it.

I have Outlook 98 .pst and .pab files from my old Win98 SE D: drive that I want to import into OE6 on my new WinXP Pro C: drive. In OE6 I click File->Import->Messages and select Microsoft Outlook but all I get is an error message stating "Message cannot be imported from the MAPI client. An error has occurred." When importing my personal address book I get "Error importing to the Address Book."

No where in the process does it give me an "open dialog" to select either the .pst or the .pab file.

What am I missing here? I can download new email just fine in OE6 but I can't get to my old email.
    --
    Steve

Thanks

Re: Import email/address book to OE6 from Outlook 98 (OE6)

May I assume you don't have Outlook installed? I'm guessing that without an Outlook profile set up, Outlook Express doesn't have any way to access those files. Even without Outlook, you could try to create a profile using the Mail control panel. Does that work?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Import email/address book to OE6 from Outlook 98 (OE6)

Thanks for the reply.
    Yes you are correct, I do not have Outlook installed on this new system. I loaded Win XP Pro on a new drive and thought I could use OE6 with my old Outlook .pst file. Is the mail profile you're referring to the same thing that I created with OE6 (name, email address, password)? I'm not at the system in question but I don't remember there being a Mail icon in the Control Panel