Star Lounger
    Thanks

Invalid outside procedure (Access2000)

I am getting an error when trying to navigate from record to record that says "The LinkMaster Fields property setting has produced this error:'Invalid outside procedure'. I have a form with 5 subforms and I have them all linked by the RNA_ID# field. It worked fine over the weekend and started producing this error this morning.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Invalid outside procedure (Access2000)

Do you have any code running when you move from record to record on the main form?
    Also, how are you moving from record to record - with the standard navigation controls, or with special controls you developed?
    Finally, does your main form and each subform have a fixed data source so it is bound?
    The error message you are getting is not one I've seen before, but it does seem to be associated with the main form rather than the subform, and it suggests you are trying to execute some type of library function. Are you by chance using a combo box for navigation?
    Wendell

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

"Invalid Outside Procedure" error usually denotes some kind of bogus statement in a module's Declarations sections, such as a Static or Redim. As noted in VBA "Help" files:
    <hr>The statement must occur within a Sub or Function, or a property procedure (Property Get, Property Let, Property Set). This error has the following cause and solution:

An executable statement, Static or ReDim, appears at module level.
    Static is unnecessary at module level, since all module-level variables are static. Use Dim instead of ReDim at module level. To create a dynamic array at module level, declare it with Dim using empty parentheses.

Note At module level, you can use only comments and declarative statements, such as Const, Declare, Deftype, Dim, Option Base, Option Compare, Option Explicit, Option Private, Private, Public, and Type. The Sub, Function, and Property statements occur outside the body of their procedures, but within the procedure declaration. <hr>
    There must be some code triggered when moving from record to record that causes this error. Not sure how the LinkMasterFields property would be involved. Recommend check form (or subform) On Current events for possible cause.

HTH

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks guys, I forgot I had tried to add some code that didn't work and apparently didn't delete it. Weird thing is it works on my PC at home but when I got to work I got the error message. Will delete the code at work tomorrow and see if that fixes my problem.