Lounger
    Thanks

IE 5.5 versus IE 6.0 (IE 6.0, sp-1)

For the past month, whenever I have wanted to view the Fidelity Investments web page, I have been able to reach that page, log in, and reach an accounts page. However, when I would try to reach details of the account, I would get a blank screen. Last time I tried, I got a blank screen at the accounts page. An online tech support person helped me a few adjustments, none of which worked. Then he told me I would probably need to reinstall IE. I have 6.0. On the Quicken 2003 CD, there is IE 5.5. Question: Can I uninstall 6.0 and put on 5.5? Or would it be better to download 6.0 from Microsoft and use that? My laptop came with Windows XP and IE 6.0 preloaded on it. I will appreciate suggestions.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: IE 5.5 versus IE 6.0 (IE 6.0, sp-1)

Hi Sarah:
    If it is only one site, it's certainly possible that the problem is at their end. Nevertheless, you could try deleting all your cache (Temporary Internet Files under Tools/Internet Options). If you search the forum for index.dat, you'll also find instructions for deleting that in DOS. It will be rebuilt when Windows reboots.
    Cheers,