New Lounger
    Thanks

Print Record (1)

I have a form which contains a sub-form. This subform can contain multiple records. The subform contains a Print Records button. I have two setups similar to this. For the one, if there are multiple records and I click "print" for the second, third... it insists on only printing the first record (note: I highlight the > frame to the left of the form). For the other (form), it seems to print *all* records when I choose a record other than the first.

I read the earlier threads concerning this and confirmed that my code includes the "selection" command:
    DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 8, , acMenuVer70
    DoCmd.PrintOut acSelection.

Also, I read Hans' recommendation to only print reports. The client specifically wants to be able to print out of the entry windows, so, unfortunately, that is not an option.

Question/request: is there any other way to ensure that only the record on the screen is printed?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Print Record (1)

You can use the OpenReport command with a criteria to print the current selection.
    Pat

New Lounger
    Thanks

Can you elaborate a little more? Are you recommending that I add an additional line:
    DoCmd.OpenReport aSelection...

before the print code? I did try that - but same results.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

What I am suggesting is that you replace both the lines you have with one that runs a report. The command from Access help is:
    DoCmd.OpenReport reportname[, view][, filtername][, wherecondition]
    The where condition would be one that identifies the current record of the form, eg.
    DoCmd.OpenReport "yourreportname", acViewNormal, , "RecordID=" & lngRecordID

You will have to substitute your names for the report, fields from the query of the report and the field(s) from the current record of the form.

Pat

New Lounger
    Thanks

Pat, apologies for not responding sooner. This certainly did the trick and I appreciate your assistance.