3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Errors copying music (9)

I've noticed several times when I copy a CD to my media library using Windows Media Player 9 that the following errors occur:-

a) A track may be copied twice, to 2 different MP3 files.
    [img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] A track may be incorrectly labelled with the name of another track.
    c) A track may have the playing time from another track marked against it, rather than it's own, true playing time.

Furthermore, if I correct these incorrections manually and then choose to update track information using the WMP album info service then the track information reverts to the previous incorrections!

Does anyone know why these intermittent errors occur and how they can be avoided?

Many thanks,

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: Errors copying music (9)

You are using the actual released version and not a beta correct? Have you tried a search of the microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player newsgroup? There has been lots of activity there since WMP9 was released.

Joe
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Errors copying music (9)

Yes, I am using the full release version and not a beta. Thanks for the tip, I'll have a look at that newsgroup to see if there's anything that can help.