Lounger
    Thanks

Odd Page - Section Breaks - That I Don't Want (Word 97 - SR-1)

Does anyone know how to get Word 97 to stop changing my Next Page-Section Breaks to Odd Page-Section Breaks. It seems to become a game of wits in outwitting Word to get my Next Page-SB to stay. I often have documents where I need to switch back and forth from Portrait to Landscape and use Next Page-SB's to accomplish this. I will insert a Next Page-SB and low and behold Word decides to make it an Odd Page-SB leaving a blank page in the document where I don't want it. I've sometimes also noticed when I update the Table of Contents in the document, I go back into the document and Word has decided to replace a Next Page-Section Break here and there with an Odd Page-Section Break. If I try to replace the Odd Page-Section Break with a Next Page-Section Break OR put a Next Page-SB BEFORE the Odd Page-SB then delete the Odd Page-SB , Word insists on turning it back into an Odd Page-SB. If I play around long enough (and it can definetly be test on one's patience) either inserting a Next Page-SB AFTER the Odd Page-SB, then deleting the Odd Page one I can usually get it to stay as a Next Page-SB OR if I go into Page Setup for the next section and set that to New Page on the Layout tab I can usually get it to stay. BUT why is Word so insistent on giving me Odd Page-SB's when I don't want them. Am I doing something wrong or is this a common problem.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Odd Page - Section Breaks - That I Don't Want (Word 97 - SR-1)

On your Page Setup, (which may need to be checked for each Section in the document), are you set to have different different odd and even pages? When I have a document with this behavior, I usually find that the Layout Section Start option is not set to New Page.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Odd Page - Section Breaks - That I Don't Want (Word 97 - SR-1)

This is a known bug in Word 97. If you are using SR-1 then its time to run the patch to fix the problem as described in this KB article.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia