New Lounger
    Thanks

Pageview Background Color (2002)

Is there a way to independently set the backgound color in page view? At present, it seems locked at the hip to the Windows Display Properties/Appearance/Advance/Item:Window color selection. If the latter selection is dark blue, the screen background in Word page view for a letter, for instance, will be dark blue. So much for WYSIWYG.

I Thought Word/Format/Background might be the solution, but this forces the screen into Web View.

Any ideas????

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Pageview Background Color (2002)

No doubt, this behavior is by design. The idea is that you can set the window color for all applications (at least those that follow the guide lines) at once. If you develop a sudden craving for fuchsia backgrounds, you don't have to set this in each application separately.

Alternatives:

You can select Blue Background (and White Text) in Tools/Options..., General tab, if you are are nostalgic for MS-DOS word processors.

You can set a watermark in Format/Background/Printed Watermark, Picture as Watermark. But, as stated, this will be printed too...

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your reply, Hans.

Actually, I suspect it is more by lack of design. Pageview mode, to my thinking, if it is WYSIWYG, should be as I will see the document on the printed page. Wonder if this is different in Word 2003? Of note, MS Publisher provides the proper default white background, unless I change it.

You are right about the ability to choose blue background in Tools/Options...., General tab. I just am impatient with being given this choice and not having a stated choice for a white background.

Regards,

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Do you want the screen display or the printed page to have a background of s defined color?

If it is the first , screen display, the only choice is white. The earlier versions had a WordPerfect look alike, but I can NOT find it in Word XP.

If it is to have a printed page with a colored background, you need to define the color in the Paragraph using "Format, shading".

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.