New Lounger
    Thanks

Restricting outgoing email

We have an Exchange 5.5 Server running on Win2000. The end-users are using either Outlook 97 or Netscape as an Email client. Out of 100 employees only 60 have email access. We would like to give some of the other employees "in house only" email. I set up a test email address and I was able to restrict this address from receiving email from addresses outside the network, by configuring the "delivery restrictions" tab of the mailbox. I have been unable to restrict the mailbox from sending email to addresses outside the network. I tried adding the mailbox to the "Delivery Restriction" tab of the Internet Mail Service connection, but the emails are still going through. I'm new to Exchange but I thought that all emails go through the IMC if they are coming from the internet or going out to the internet.

Does anyone know how we can restrict certain users from sending emails to the outside world?

Thanks

Re: Restricting outgoing email

New Lounger
    Thanks

We do scan the Network on a regular basis using Symantec Enterprise addition, but It does not scan emails until they are open (using real time protection). I didn't use the routing restriction to restrict the email address because that seems to be across the board and you have to enter an ip address. I just need certain people to be restricted from sending email and We have a dhcp server so the ip addresses are not static.

Right now incoming email is not the problem it's outgoing.

Lounger
    Thanks