Thanks

Re: BMW Manual (word 2000)

The problem of things changing that you didn't want to change sounds as though it is caused by styles updating automatically. Go to one of paragraphs that has been prone to change, and see what style it is in 'Normal', 'Body Text' or whatever. Click on the Format menu, choose styles and then the Modify button in the dialog box. Make sure that the check box for Automatically update is NOT checked. (If it is checked then everytime you do something to a paragraph in the style in question, like use italics, or change the font or something) Word updates the definition of that style and all the paragraphs in that style change.) Then click OK.

As to the text box, if you want the contents of that to be the same on every page, could you put it in the footer?

Ian

New Lounger
    Thanks

I already have a footer and I am trying to enter page numbers on each column since the document is printing to be a two sided booklet. If you would take a look and let me know if there is an easier way to make sure the appropriate page number would automatically apply to each column the way it will fall into place as a booklet.
    Attached Files Attached Files

New Lounger
    Thanks

keep fonts from changing(word 2000)

I am using 2 column pages to make a booklet, how do I add a text box in the lower outside corners of the pages without fonts and spacing changing throughout my whole booklet. Sometimes when I make changes in certain areas it changes the whole booklet ex: if I change a bulleted area to an unbulleted area, all of my bullet area that I didn't change will change automatically

Thanks

Word 2000 doesn't support booklet printing, though Word 2002 does. But try this site for a suggested workround for Word 2000 using macros.

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Macros...okletMacro.htm

Ian