Lounger
    Thanks

Outline of images (Office 2000)

I am working on an end-user guide for our software. When I have an image that I want to appear at the end of the page but it is rolling to the next page, I change the size of the image. When I do this the image pops up to the prior page like I want, but it leaves an outline on the screen. The Functionality of Word is not lost and the text comes up where it is supposed to, but that outline is annoying to look at. The only way I have found to get rid of it is to close Word and reopen it. Then the outline has disappeared. I have included a screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outline of images (Office 2000)

This bug (feature?) has been present since at least Word 95. Usually, it is enough to scroll up or down until both picture and bogus outline are offscreen, (click in the text) and scroll back.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outline of images (Office 2000)

Have you tried changing the layout of the graphic? The outline looks like it's an in-line graphic. If you change it to something like top-and-bottom, that outline might go away. Tedious to change it and then change it back if you need to, but may be easier than closing and re-opening Word.
    Thanks - - - Sher