In order to download an RSS technology app and try it called News Desk, I was required to download the Microsoft .net framework, so I chose the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Redistributable Final Beta.

The app runs fine. It's RSS (Rich Site Summary/Really Simple Syndication) which allows you to use the xml in the .net framework to fetch content and format it in this one application without having to use a browser to go to each site. You can add URL's of your choosing to it like the old Pointcast, but with more choices and without a browser clogging the network. It allows you to add up to 4500 news sources in 25 languages.

My concern isn't the app, but that installing the .net framework added an additional limited account that now requires me to click my account name on boot. It doesn't slow booting significantly, but my worry is that this added account could be something else. It's probably the normal behavior of the .net app, but I don't work with .net or Visual Studio, am not a developer and just wanted the reassurance that this limited account installing the .net framework added is normal and harmless. In other words, installations as a rule don't set up an additional limited account, but probably because of the .asp this is native to the .net platform.

And how would it have gotten a password since the limited account is password protected? I didn't assign one or set it up manually--does that just mean it [i]can[/b] be password protected?