I did a search to see if anyone else has had this problem in the past and I found that someone posted the same problem I am having back in November of 2001. It appears no one responded. That person was using Word 97. I am using Word 2000 and the same exact error is occurring. This is what is happening:
I have a fairly simple one page mail merge letter using an equally simple Word data source.
My problem is that when I merge to a new document, I get "a field calculation error occurred in record 1". If I acknowledge this error , it repeats the message for record 2, 3 etc. and then everything prints perfectly. As it was only 12 records, it did not take long to step through this string of messages but I can't find what is causing this.
I have attached the letter and will attach the date source separately, as I got a message saying the file was too big to post.