New Lounger
    Thanks

Pasting Excel Charts (2000 SP-3)

I recently upgraded from the as-installed Office 2000, by installing SR1A and then SP3. Now I have a problem when using Paste Special to copy charts from Excel to Word. Basically the chart size and font size I specify in Excel do not correlate to what appears in word.

The charts are set to "Use full page " , and I reduce the margins so that the page is the size I want, say 12 cm high (A4 page height 29.7cm -9.7 top margin - 8 bottom margin).

I have the axis font set to 8pt Arial, with Autoscale turned off (unchecked).

I paste using Paste Special / Picture to minimise the document size.

This worked as of yesterday, with the chart pasted as a picture, 12cm high, with 8 point font on the axes when in Word.
    SInce I installed SR1a and SP3, it now does not do this - the chart height is taller than specified, and the axis font is tiny and unreadable. This is true if I paste as bitmap or picture or enhanced metafile (as suggested in previous post No. 149188, when the same problem occurred after installing SR2).

The only way it looks correct is if I simply paste it as an Excel object and then resize it, but of course the file size bloats enormously and I need to insert a whole lot of excel charts, so this won't be practical.

Is there any way around this? Is there any way to unambiguously set chart sizes in Excel?
    Will going back to a fresh install of Office help?

I'm seriously hoping someone can help me!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Pasting Excel Charts (2000 SP-3)

I do a lot with linking charts from excel and have completely quit using Word. I only link to powerpoint now and have been for years. This may not be an answer for you but i do thousands of reports which are linked and just had to stop using Word because of its instability. I could not stand opening word the next day and finding the report screwed up. i've tried word 95, word 97, and now use word xp and still don't trust it. You can do most any report in powerpoint and it is much easier to use.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Pasting Excel Charts (2000 SP-3)

I must admit the thought of typing out my thesis on Powerpoint doesn't really appeal!

I have done the obvious, and uninstalled Office and reinstalled it to SR-1a, which doesn't have the current problem.

Cheers