3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Shockwave/Flash File (office 2000 on Windows 2000)

I have a shockwave file that was used as the company logo in a office 97 database. It worked great. I copied and pasted the same exact file in an office 2000 version of the same database. It does not work great. It went from running very smooth and fluent to running extremely choppy. The sound finished way before the video finishes and the video jumps instead of being smooth. Is there something different in office 2000? As an aside I put the same file in a office 2000 powerpoint presentation and it worked perfectly. Help please!!

Thank You
    Kevin

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Shockwave/Flash File (office 2000 on Windows 2000)

Can't say I've played with shockwave files in databases, so how about a guess. Did you convert your Access 97 database to Access 2000 using the convert option from 2000? If so, we've seen some flakey things happen with such databases. You might try just creating a simple database in 2000 with just one form and try using the shockwave file in it. If it works there, then try importing everything from 97 into an empty 2000 database. For some reason that seems to fix lots of the weird things.
    Wendell

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Shockwave/Flash File (office 2000 on Windows 2000)

Thanks Wendell,
    The way I created the 2000 database was by creating a blank file in 2000 and importing everything in to it. I did this because all of my attempts to convert created many problems. So after importing I launched the front end and got a couple of form event errors which were easily corrected. The flash issue is the only one left. I tried to put the flash file in a brand new form created in 2000. It was less choppy but still did not function properly as the sound and video were still not matched.

Thanks for you suggestions
    Kevin
    Kevin